We can’t wait for our Mandolin Camp weekend, coming right up October 19 – 22, and we’re happy you can join us at the Kowana Valley Folk School near Yosemite, California,
Here’s a little something to help you get inspired for Camp. As part of the weekend, John, Sharon, and Joe would like to have an ensemble session in which you and your fellow students play “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz” in three-part harmony. And you’ll also have the chance to learn John’s favorite contemporary old-time tune, “The Road to Malvern.”
To get you started, we’re giving you free access to video lessons for these tunes on PegheadNation.com. If you’re already a member of Sharon Gilchrist’s Intermediate Bluegrass Mandolin course or John Reischman’s Melodic Mandolin Tunes course, you have access to these lessons. But if you’re not, you’re getting a free sneak peak at their great online courses.
Here’s how to access your free Camp lessons:
- Log into Peghead Nation by clicking on the red “Sign In” button in the upper right of any page on the site, or by clicking here.
- If you are already have active subscriptions on the site, use your regular log in and password.
- If you do not have active subscriptions at the moment, enter your email address and the password “mandocamp” when prompted at the Sign In page.
- You can then follow these links to get to the pertinent lessons:
Sharon’s Intermediate Bluegrass Mandolin Lessons for “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz”
- Lonesome Moonlight Waltz, Part 1
- Lonesome Moonlight Waltz, Part 2
- Lonesome Moonlight Waltz, Part 3: Chords
- Lonesome Moonlight Waltz, Part 4: Play-Along Track
- “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz” Harmonies, Part 1: High Harmony
- “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz” Harmonies, Part 2: High Harmony Play-Along Track
- “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz” Harmonies, Part 3: Low Harmony
- “Lonesome Moonlight Waltz” Harmonies, Part 4: Low Harmony Play-Along Track
John’s Melodic Mandolin Tunes Lessons for “The Road to Malvern”
- The Road to Malvern, Part 1: The Melody
- The Road to Malvern, Part 2: Old-Time Rhythm
- The Road to Malvern, Play-Along Track
So please get in there and give these lessons a try. And of course, there will be plenty of time to work on these tunes and much more during our weekend near Yosemite, so don’t worry too much if you don’t perfect all of this before Camp!
We all look forward to immersing ourselves in mandolin and music with you in a few weeks! See you soon and thanks for joining us!
Saturday, December 12 at 11 AM Pacific Time on ZoomRead More
The great violin and mandolin duo took over our Facebook feed recently to play a few tunes and talk about their fine new album, “Curios.”Read More